Once upon a time you could plan & have an entire wedding & reception with only the help of your neighborhood.
Now, times are way different. You have to vendors to help you.
There are vendors for everything, including:
- Wedding planners/coordinators
- Venue (yup, the location is a vendor)
Today, we’re going to tackle what you need to know when choosing a wedding photographer.
Tips For Choosing A Wedding Photographer
- Know your budget. You can’t find a vendor if you don’t know if you can afford it.
- Meet with all vendors before selecting one & ask questions.
- Make sure that your personalities mix well together.
- Ask for referrals.
- Research them online.
- Thoroughly read the contract.
- Consider your first impression. Even if it’s via email. Take note of response time, professionalism, & attitude.
- Ask your venue if they’ve worked with the vendor & if so what are they’re impressions.
Questions To Ask A Wedding Photographer
When you’re meeting with a photographer be sure to take this list of questions with you. They will help you to not only know what you’re getting in the contract but to get a feel for if you mess well with them.
Tip: If you’re also looking for a videographer, you can use these questions as well.
- Is my wedding date available?
- Will you be the photographer or will it be someone else? (If it’s someone else in the company, ask to meet them).
- Does your price include a 2nd photographer? If not, how much is it to add another photographer.
- How long have you been shooting weddings?
- Have you ever shot a wedding at our venue or one with a similar style?
- Are you able to do a venue walk thru with us before the wedding to determine the best photo locations?
- How would you describe your photography style?
- Do you like to take more candid photos or do you prefer to take staged photos?
- Can we give you a list of shots that we prefer?
- What is included in your basic package? Are there add ons?
- How many hours are included in each package?
- Do you offer retouching?
- Are there travel fees?
- Is an engagement session included in the package? *Tip: Engagement sessions give you a feel for how they will work on your wedding day.
- How long does it take after the wedding to edit the photos & get them back to us?
- How are the images delivered to us?
- We the photos be high resolution digital images or print?
- How many images are included in the package?
- Will I have the rights to all of the images?
- Can we order prints directly from you?
- How much is the deposit?
- When is the final payment due?
- Is there a refund or cancellation policy?
- Do you have liability insurance?
- Is there backup equipment available in case some happens to your equipment?
- Do you have a backup plan if you or your assistant can’t make it to my wedding?
- How will you be dressed?
- Will you be posting about our wedding on social media?
Pin For Later↓