It doesn’t matter if you want a live band, a DJ, or a magician at your wedding. You’ll want some form of entertainment for your guests.
The last thing you want is to have a dull dry wedding. Having an entertainer of some sort will keep things lively & fun.
Types Of Wedding Entertainment
Generally all weddings have some type of musical entertainment whether it’s via a DJ or a live band.
But if you want to add another element of entertainment here are some ideas.
- Fire breathers
- Solo musicians
- Dove or butterfly release
- Opera singers
- Singing waiters
- Photo booths
- Casino tables
- Balloon artists
- Bride & groom special performance
- Food bars
- Themed bands
When To Book Wedding Entertainers
As you’re making your wedding to do list don’t put entertainment in the bottom tier.
Think of it like this. If you want good seats at a Justin Timberlake concert then do you wait two weeks before the show to get tickets?
Of course not! You get them when they go on sale.
It’s the same for your wedding. The good entertainment goes quick so you don’t want to put it off & end up with the trash can band from above.
Questions To Ask A Wedding DJ/Entertainment
It would be horrible if you booked a band for your wedding reception & then on the day of you find out that they only know 1 song & that it’s played on trash cans.
You don’t want that right?
Then you need to make sure that you interview your entertainment before you actually hire them & sign any contracts.
Before you begin talking to Entertainment it’s important to note that you may not be able talk directly to the act. Sometimes there is a manager or agency that handles all of the booking.
- Do you have my date open?
- Are you doing another event on the day of my wedding?
- Have you done anything at my venue before?
- How long have you been in business or have played together?
- How many weddings have you done?
- How far in advance should you be booked?
- What are your fees?
- How much of a deposit is required?
- When is the final payment due?
- Does your pricing include setup & breakdown?
- Are there any additional fees that I should be aware of? Such as travel or special requests?
- Do you have any additional services? Such as lighting.
- What is your refund & cancellation policy?
- Do you have liability insurance?
- How large is your music library?
- What music genres do you cover?
- Is there a continuous music charge?
- Can you assist me with music choices? Can I make the playlist selections?
- What music will be played during down time (like cocktail hour or dinner)? *Tip: Be very specific as to the type of music you want played & when.
- If not able to attend my wedding do you have a backup plan?
- Do you require any special equipment!
- Do you bring backup equipment?
- How many staff members will be attending the event?
- How will you or the performers be dressed?(Make sure you’re specific as to what you want. The should already have professional attire. If there’s something else that you want then there may be an additional fee.
Be sure to talk to your venue about any restrictions that there may be. Venues usually have noise volume limits or music curfews.
Pin For Later↓